SOUTHERN AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY
Applications must be submitted the SADC National Contact Point https://www.sadc.int/opportunities/employment/national-contact-points/ of the eligible Member States not later than or 05 February 2021. Applications received from any other sources shall not be considered.
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is a regional economic community founded and maintained by countries in Southern Africa. It aims to further the socio-economic, political and security cooperation among its Member States and foster regional integration in order to achieve peace, stability and wealth. SADC currently has sixteen (16) Member States with a population of approximately 340 million and a combined GDP of US$720 billion.
It is following this background that SADC Secretariat wishes to invite suitably qualified, experienced citizens of SADC to apply for the following position tenable in Harare, Zimbabwe at the SADC – Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre.
Position Job Grade
Finance and Administration Officer – RPTC 6
The SADC Secretariat offers a competitive package for all the positions listed below.
Job Grade Average Package per Annum:
Job Grade 6 US$ 72, 527
Tenure of appointment
The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of four (4) years, renewable twice for an equal period subject to satisfactory performance.
The positions are open to qualified applicants who:
- Are 50 years old or younger. This requirement is based on the Organization’s need to recruit staff who can serve for a reasonable period of time before reaching the mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
- Are from the following eligible Member States: Angola, DRC, Mauritius, Namibia and Seychelles and South Africa.
Please be informed that due to the SADC Secretariat Recruitment policy on quota points some Member States are not eligible to apply for this position at the moment.
Closing Date and Submission of Applications: Applications must be submitted the SADC National Contact Point https://www.sadc.int/opportunities/employment/national-contact-points/ of the eligible Member States not later than or 05 February 2021.
Your application should be accompanied by the following:
a) a short covering letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
b) a 5 pages updated curriculum vitae;
c) certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); and
d) duly completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications supporting your application, on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
If you are results orientated, you have a passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the required competencies, please submit your application.
Only applicants, who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat and being considered for interview, will be contacted. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within four weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Details can also be obtained from the National Contact Point in your respective country.
- English Job Advert - Finance and Admin Officer RPTC.pdf
- FR - English Job Advert - Finance and Admin Officer RPTC.pdf
- PT-English Job Advert - Finance and Admin Officer RPTC TR.pdf
- ENGLISH JOB PROFILES - Finance and Admin Officer RPTC.pdf
- FR - ENGLISH JOB PROFILES - Finance and Admin Officer RPTC.pdf
- PT-ENGLISH JOB PROFILES - Finance and Admin Officer RPTC TR.pdf
- SADC Application Form - PT.doc
- SADC Application Form -English.doc
- SADC Application forms - French.docx