The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, result oriented and self-driven individuals who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the following position tenable at SADC Secretariat Headquarters.
Position title : ICT Network Officer
Application Deadline : 17 February 2021
Post Grade : 6
Duration of Contract: : 6 months
Package: : US$ 3, 400.75 per month
For detailed job descriptions and Submission of applications, please visit the following link https://sadc.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/46388
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to read the requirements very carefully before submitting their applications.
Applicants are advised to apply online and do a full registration process, attaching Motivation Letter, CV’s, certified copies of educational, professional certificates and references. Applications with inadequate supporting documents will not be considered.
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat will be considered for interview. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within two months after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applications received through any other sources will not be considered.
The purpose of this position is to plan, implement and supervise the installation, up- grade and maintenance of the Secretariat’s computer systems and servers.
The ICT Network Officer will be responsible for:
- Coordinate the installation and configuration, and support the Secretariat’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system
- Identify system and network requirements based on user needs
- Recommend purchase of ICT hardware and equipment, supervise installation, maintain asset register, and implement strict inventory control measures
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies and applications relevant to the ICT Network requirements of the Secretariat
- Audit ICT infrastructure
- Diagnose hardware, software and system failures, and initiate procedures (with approval of Senior Officer) to restore operations and replace defective parts
- Plan, implement and supervise network hardware and software maintenance activities
- Perform capacity planning
- Monitor and fine-tune security and performance of ICT infrastructure and core applications
- Configure hardware devices, test new software and design network structure
- Recommend, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and enhancements to computer systems
- Implement and maintain network access controls and security protocols
- Plan for disaster recovery operations and testing
- Make available up to date system documentation and manuals
- Manage internal mail facilities, Internet access and perform backups of data other than databases
- Implement and update anti-virus to protect the databases and the system
- Provide first line support on all application software to users and escalate faults to the relevant service provider
- Identify training needs on the application systems and organise training for users as and when necessary
- Research and adopt best practices in own area of work, and maintain high level of knowledge in order to effectively undertake the duties of the post
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least a Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related field from a recognised institution
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or equivalent
- Higher professional certification in Cisco Technologies, e.g. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), will be an advantage
- Certification in ITIL will also be an advantage.
- At least 7-10 years of work experience in an ICT Network Support environment, of which two should be hands-on experience with Cisco equipment.
- Basic to intermediate level Linux skills, server virtualisation skills, and Internet infrastructure (internet, email and web hosting) skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Organisational skills (planning, time management, work prioritisation)
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Apply interpersonal styles/methods to develop and motivate staff
- Capable of maintaining quality whilst working under pressure and adhering to deadlines
- Capacity to motivate and influence people positively and creates a climate where people want to do their best
- Conceptual and practical thinking
- Customer focused
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and largely unsupervised
- Maintain confidentiality and respectful of sensitive situations
- Methodical and organised, with a high level of attention to details
- Organisational awareness with an understanding of how to engage the organisation to get things done
- Professionalism and adherence to good work ethics
- Question conventional approaches and encourage new ideas and innovations for progress
- Resilience and personal drive, self-motivation
- Results and performance driven
- Team player