1. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat is inviting interested and eligible Individual Consultants to submit their CVs and Financial Proposals for the following services:
"DEVELOPMENT OF A SADC RESOURCE MOBILISATION FRAMEWORK (ALTERNATIVE SOURCES OF FUNDING SADC REGIONAL PROGRAMMES)".
The individual consultants will be required to undertake one of the following assignments leading into the development of a SADC Resource Mobilization Framework: (Alternative Sources of Funding SADC Regional Programmes).
a) Expert on curbing illicit financial flows to undertake consultancy on Curbing illicit financial flows and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes
b) Expert on Lottery to undertake consultancy on Regional lottery and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes;
c) Expert on Philanthropy to undertake consultancy on Philanthropy High network and Corporates and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes
d) Expert on Import and Export tax levies to undertake consultancy on Import and Export Levies and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes
e) Expert on Insurance Policies Tax to undertake consultancy on Insurance Levy and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes
f) Expert of Regional Transport Levy (air and surface transport) to undertake consultancy on Regional Transport Levy and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes
g) Expert on Tourism Levy to undertake consultancy on Tourism Levy and Creation of Fiscal Space to Enable SADC finance its Regional Programmes
Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for each of the required Expert are attached as Annex 1a to 1g to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) they are not bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from similar procedures provided for in the national legislation or regulations of the SADC member states;
b) they have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) they have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which SADC Secretariat can justify;
d) they have fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions
of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) they have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other
illegal activity detrimental to the SADC Secretariat' financial interests; or
f) they are not being currently subject to an administrative penalty.
3. The maximum budget for each contract is US$ 14,000 (Fees and reimbursables). Proposals exceeding this budget will not be accepted.
4. Your Expression of Interest must be presented as per Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI, in the English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents. If the supporting documents are not in English, these shall be accompanied by a
certified translation into English.
5. Your proposal clearly marked “THE NAME OF THE CONSULTANCY BEING APPLIED FOR– REFERENCE NUMBER SADC/PPRM/01/16” in a sealed
envelope, should be submitted in our tender box located at the following address:
Plot 54385 CBD
Private Bag 0095
Attention: Mr. Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS
6. Expressions of Interest submitted by E-mail are acceptable and MUST be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The deadline for submission of your Expression of Interest to the address and email indicated in Paragraph 5 and 6 above is 27 th MAY 2016 at 10:00 hours local time
8. Your CV will be evaluated against the following criteria.
|Criteria||Maximum points allocated|
|Education and Training||30|
9. You proposal should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Standard Contract attached as
Annex 3 to this REOI:
The financial proposal shall be inclusive of all expenses deemed necessary by the Individual Consultant for the performance of the contract.
(ii) EVALUATION AND AWARD OF THE CONTRACT:
Expressions of Interest determined to be formally compliant to the requirements will be further evaluated technically.
An Expression of Interest is considered compliant to the requirements if:
- It fulfils the formal requirements (see Paragraphs 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 above),
- The financial proposal does not exceed the maximum available budget for the contract.
- The award will be made to the applicant who obtained the highest technical score. Expressions of Interest not obtaining a minimum score of 70% will be rejected.
(iii) VALIDITY OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Your Expression of Interest should be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of deadline for submission indicated in Paragraph 6 above.
10. The assignment is expected to commence within two (2) weeks from the signature of the contract.
11. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made until 10 working days prior to deadline indicated in the paragraph 7 above, from:
The Procuring entity: SADC Secretariat
Contact person: Gift Mike Gwaza/ Tracy Zinanga
Copy: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer on the questions received will be sent to the Consultant and all questions received as well as the answer(s) to them will be posted on the SADC Secretariat’s website at the latest 7 working days before the deadline for submission of the proposals.
ANNEXES (in attached document):
- ANNEX 1: Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for each of the required Expert
- ANNEX 2: Expression of Interest Forms
- ANNEX 3: Standard Contract for Individual Consultants
Name: Gift Mike Gwaza MCIPS
Title: Procurement Officer
Date: 6 th May 2016